Business Analyst – Online Training
By the end of the course the Business Analyst will be able to:
- Integrate into a project or team environment with an understanding of their role, key responsibilities and relationship with fellow project members.
- Work with business users to gather and document different types and levels of requirement
- Work with business users to define, scope and initiate a project
- Break-down complex business scenarios or problems into process and data models
- Validate requirements by producing Use Cases and assess requirements against defined quality criteria
- Apply end-to-end thinking to complex business and system problems to ensure ‘right first time’
- Documentation and solutions
- Work with business users and delivery teams to develop optimum solutions to defined requirements
- Confidently present findings to business users and their project team
- Module 1 – Introduction to the Business Analyst Role
Covers the role of the Business Analyst and how the role has evolved over the past 30 years. Examines the differing roles and responsibilities of a business analyst through all project phases and how the role can differ across organizations.
- Module 2 – Project Definition and Scoping
Examine the important steps in defining a project. Covers the importance of understanding and defining objectives, how to define scope, production of a business case, identifying stakeholders. How projects are broken down into phases and what deliverables are produced from those phases.
- Module 3 – Interviewing and Fact Finding
How to interview different types of user and how to capture and assimilate information. How to use workshops effectively for requirements gathering. Three interview role-plays are performed to place delegates in real-life
situations with three different types of user.
- Module 4 – Requirements Definition
What are requirements, why they need to be defined and different techniques for documenting requirements. Types of requirement, including Functional and Non-Functional requirements. BA Solutions Training Course –
Fundamentals of Business Analysis The importance of defining requirements at a high and low level of detail.
Examines and discusses the difference between requirements and solutions. Why end-to end thinking must be applied. Examines the complexities of modern business systems and processes.
- Module 5 – Process Modeling
Examines business process modeling and why and when it should be used. Introduces the industry standard process modeling technique – BPMN. Process modeling as a requirements definition tool.
- Module 6 – Data Modeling
Why and when the BA should do data modeling. How to build entity relationship diagrams and define attributes.
- Module 7 – Ensuring Requirements Quality
Looks at the development of Use Cases and scenarios. What problems occur during requirements analysis and how to prevent them. How to ensure a quality product.
- Module 8 – Managing Delivery
Looks at the role of the BA beyond a project’s initial requirements definition phase. Revisits the detailed analysis phase and why it is so important. Examines how the BA should work with business users and delivery teams to ensure a robust and cost effective solution is delivered.
- Module 9 – Requirements Engineering Techniques
This module covers: Production of a Requirements Catalogue, Requirements Databases and CASE tools. Knowledge Types and Investigative Techniques. Prototyping. Structured Walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing.
- Module 10 – Review
Revisit the key learning points from the course and looks at why projects can go wrong and how the Business Analyst can prevent it.
R. Wisnu Prio Pamungkas, SKom, MKom, CIPMP, ITIL, SDC, SMC, SPOC, SCT, MPM, ICT-PM, BNSP, Asr BNSP, CIISA
Since 2012 as a Professional Trainer and Project Management certification, Business Analyst, Scrum Agile and Information System Audit as well as training on Microsoft Project application tools for all industrial organizational units.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings